SOLVED

Few Questions about Microsoft Stream.

Copper Contributor

Thanks to all members supporting & responding in this forum, your valuable guidance & answers worth a lot.

I have few questions related to Office 365 Stream... if you could guide me on those topics.... 

1. Subtitle : According to Microsoft Stream it has been told “Setting a video language enables automatic closed captioning (currently only available for English and Spanish).” So  the question is whether any other language sub-title can be available or not? Does it depend on licensing? If we require Swedish language can we get Swedish subtitle? If so, how?

2. Can I share videos from Microsoft Stream to YouTube, Facebook?

3. If I want to display a video in my public site but the video should remain in Stream’s repository, for the general public to watch those videos in the public site does the company have to bear additional  licensing costs?

4. Is live streaming available in Microsoft Stream?

5. Is the Stream capable to present dual screen presentation, e.g. one screen with video material synchronized with e.g. PowerPoint presentation on the other?

Regards

BG

3 Replies

I think @Marc Mroz can help here

best response confirmed by Michael Holste (Microsoft)
Solution

1. Subtitle : According to Microsoft Stream it has been told “Setting a video language enables automatic closed captioning (currently only available for English and Spanish).” So  the question is whether any other language sub-title can be available or not? Does it depend on licensing? If we require Swedish language can we get Swedish subtitle? If so, how?

> You can upload your own subtitles or closed captions in different languages other than English/Spanish. However currently we only generate an automatic closed caption if the people in the video are speaking English or Spanish. We are going to add other languages to the automatic closed captioning over the course of 2018. We are waiting on some underlying partner teams who build the speech to text engines to finish up some work related to compliance before we can start leveraging their newer APIs.

> No. We don't have any feature like this. Feel free to add it and/or vote on it within our ideas forum: http://aka.ms/StreamIdeas

3. If I want to display a video in my public site but the video should remain in Stream’s repository, for the general public to watch those videos in the public site does the company have to bear additional  licensing costs?

>We don't have this feature now. It's on our list to start working on it hopefully in 2018 Q2/Q3. When we do get to this project, there will likely be a new "public video streaming" quota. Where you'd get X minutes or MB of video streaming to the public each month and if you need more there would likely be an add-on to buy more.

> Not today. Today if you want to do live Streaming you can use a solution from MS called Skype Meeting Broadcast. We are working on live streaming improvements within Stream directly we'll have this finished in the next few quarters. We'll also be unifying how live streaming works across Skype Meeting Broadcast, Teams, and Stream so the same live stream shows up as a recording in Stream right after the event is done, etc.

5. Is the Stream capable to present dual screen presentation, e.g. one screen with video material synchronized with e.g. PowerPoint presentation on the other

> We don't have any features like this planned for Stream at this time. You can add your ideas around this to the ideas forum: http://aka.ms/StreamIdeas

Thank you Marc, I will refer to your answer & proceed accordingly. If need any further assistance I will post my queries. 

Regards

Bashab

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Michael Holste (Microsoft)
Solution

> You can upload your own subtitles or closed captions in different languages other than English/Spanish. However currently we only generate an automatic closed caption if the people in the video are speaking English or Spanish. We are going to add other languages to the automatic closed captioning over the course of 2018. We are waiting on some underlying partner teams who build the speech to text engines to finish up some work related to compliance before we can start leveraging their newer APIs.

> No. We don't have any feature like this. Feel free to add it and/or vote on it within our ideas forum: http://aka.ms/StreamIdeas

>We don't have this feature now. It's on our list to start working on it hopefully in 2018 Q2/Q3. When we do get to this project, there will likely be a new "public video streaming" quota. Where you'd get X minutes or MB of video streaming to the public each month and if you need more there would likely be an add-on to buy more.

> Not today. Today if you want to do live Streaming you can use a solution from MS called Skype Meeting Broadcast. We are working on live streaming improvements within Stream directly we'll have this finished in the next few quarters. We'll also be unifying how live streaming works across Skype Meeting Broadcast, Teams, and Stream so the same live stream shows up as a recording in Stream right after the event is done, etc.

5. Is the Stream capable to present dual screen presentation, e.g. one screen with video material synchronized with e.g. PowerPoint presentation on the other

> We don't have any features like this planned for Stream at this time. You can add your ideas around this to the ideas forum: http://aka.ms/StreamIdeas

View solution in original post