Teams: Recording low frame rate

Copper Contributor

Hey

I've been using Teams as a platform to record video interview content. Initially the recorded material would record straight to my machine, but of late the file record straight to Stream. The issue that I'm experiencing is how low the frame rate is for these recordings, making them almost unusable.

The material I've been recording via Zoom is at 25fps which is usual for video, but the files that are recorded via Teams to Stream are only 8fps which is far too low for smooth playback.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a simple fix? I've looked on line and through this Forum but found little in the way of a solution.

Regards

Dave.

2 Replies

@davelille  Yes, I've been experiencing this too. Sometimes there is a higher frame rate at 15 fps. However, I'm not sure why it uses 8 fps with a data rate of around 650kbps. This is horrible quality and below expectations for the year 2020 where 4k 60p is somewhat common on YouTube and free TV has 1080 30p. It seems Microsoft is being careful about their resources. It would be nice to have a 30p record setting or at least something for local storage using the existing video streams received from the meeting.

@cgabrielson and @davelille I just tested a Stream Live Event from OBS to Stream and it was 1280 x 720 @ 30fps. I'm not an expert by far, but we are working with our AV group on when we can switch over to Teams and Live Events for broadcasts. I'm on the M365/Teams side, so we are partnering with SharePoint and AV guys to use the latest technologies. Good stuff!