Stream (Classic) Usage Report Failing

Brass Contributor

We are trying to run the Stream (Classic) usage report prior to migrating video's from Stream (Classic). The accounts we're using to run the script are Global And Stream Admins - however when we run the script it fails with a "Some Error Occurred" error. Looking at the generated log file suggests that the account is not authorised:

08/09/2023 11:12:53 {"error":{"code":"Forbidden","message":"The authenticated user is not authorized to access this resource."}}

08/09/2023 11:12:53 System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

Has anyone come across this and managed to resolve it?

Thanks

Dale

1 Reply
This is not going to sound logical, but I would assign the user the role of SharePoint Administrator. When you are pulling the inventory report you should really only need to be a Stream Classic Admin, but you can do migrations as long as you are a Stream Admin and a SharePoint Admin. I realize a global admin has uber permissions, but I won't be surprised if you assign the SP Admin role if it works. That's the first thing I would try. See what you get then.