Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

RE: Microsoft Sentinel workspaces with workspace manager

Brass Contributor

Hello,

When setting up the workspace manager, do you need to set up Lighthouse to manage member workspaces?

I am working with one tenant with multiple subscriptions that have their own workspace. I want to create a parent (managing) workspace with associated member ones.

From that scenario, I would like to know if it is possible to define a data connector in the parent (managing) workspace that could then be published to member workspaces?

3 Replies
Workspace Manager works within a Tenant e.g. Parent (Tenant a) --> Any workspace in Tenant A.

You can also use Parent (Tenant A) --> Lighthouse --> Workspaces (in Tenants B thru z).

It doesn't deploy data connectors though...
Hi Clive,

Thank you for the response.

So I can set up a managing/parent workspace in one subscription of Tenant A...

...then I can ADD member workspaces from other subscriptions?

It is the case you CANNOT have more than one workspace associated with one subscription?

Jason
best response confirmed by JMSHW0420 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@JMSHW0420 

Yes.  My "parent" is in one Tenant, then I have some defined Groups, all the workspaces in those groups are in other Tenants (via Lighthouse).  Some are multiple workspaces in different Subscriptions.   

Clive_Watson_0-1684422517101.png

Clive_Watson_1-1684422703757.png

Manage multiple Microsoft Sentinel workspaces with workspace manager | Microsoft Learn

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JMSHW0420 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@JMSHW0420 

Yes.  My "parent" is in one Tenant, then I have some defined Groups, all the workspaces in those groups are in other Tenants (via Lighthouse).  Some are multiple workspaces in different Subscriptions.   

Clive_Watson_0-1684422517101.png

Clive_Watson_1-1684422703757.png

Manage multiple Microsoft Sentinel workspaces with workspace manager | Microsoft Learn

View solution in original post