SOLVED

Problem with Api Sentinel and the value "alertProductNames".

Copper Contributor

Hello,

While investigating the Sentinel API, I noticed that it does not pick up incidents reported by Portal M365D but it does pick up incidents reported by Microsoft Defender for Endpoint in the field "alertProductNames".
Is there a possibility that in the field "alertProductNames" it tells me that it comes from the M365D portal? Is this normal, I should not understand why it should bring you the field "M365D" without problems?

Chris_321_0-1649264296455.png

Regards.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Chris_321 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Chris_321 

The api still reports the old names, and therefore other parts of the system that use it.

e.g.

SecurityIncident
| extend Product = todynamic((parse_json(tostring(AdditionalData.alertProductNames))[0])) 
| summarize count() by tostring(Product)

Clive_Watson_0-1649315795952.png

I suspect it will take Microsoft some time to make sure if they update the results, it doesn't break anything that relies on the "old names".

The latest preview also doesn't address this (but I think the date was before or around the time of many of the product renames)  Incidents - Get - REST API (Azure Sentinel) | Microsoft Docs

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Chris_321 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Chris_321 

The api still reports the old names, and therefore other parts of the system that use it.

e.g.

SecurityIncident
| extend Product = todynamic((parse_json(tostring(AdditionalData.alertProductNames))[0])) 
| summarize count() by tostring(Product)

Clive_Watson_0-1649315795952.png

I suspect it will take Microsoft some time to make sure if they update the results, it doesn't break anything that relies on the "old names".

The latest preview also doesn't address this (but I think the date was before or around the time of many of the product renames)  Incidents - Get - REST API (Azure Sentinel) | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post