KQL: Closing an incident if the events do not include entries in a Watchlist

Copper Contributor

Good day all. 

I want to automatically close an incident if the events do not include entries in a watchlist. 

I have another playbook that looks at entities and matches them with the entries in the watchlist, and a decision is passed depending on the outcome. This solution works. 

however, there are other incidents that do not have entities and I still want to apply the same logic. So I was thinking of creating a playbook that runs the same incident query at incident time and match the events/results with the watchlist. Using the connector to run KQL query and list results works, but then I am failing to get the KQL query right. This is what I’m thinking:

let watchlistcolumofinterest = -Get watchlist and project required columns;

let eventstable  = incident query at runtime;

eventstable

| join watchlistcolumofinterest on colum1

Ideally this psudo code should work, but I am getting errors with the nested let statements. 

Please help me out with this logic, or something different that works better. 

Thank you. 

3 Replies
Your pseudocode is a little hard to follow without the full context of what you’re trying to accomplish. Would you mind sharing the actual query, and the original query you’re basing it off of? Obviously obfuscate anything that would be deemed proprietary to your organization (such as the watchlist itself) but I think have both queries would help us determine the source of your errors.

Thanks in advance!

@gcorsini@gcorsini

Thank you for getting back to me.
Here is the full code ***I have removed the subscription and resource names***

LeenoldTN_0-1676888504057.png

The Alert Query also has 'let' statements, so it creates errors when I try and run them.