Content Hub Solution vs Gallery-only Content templates (i.e. Azure Activity or M365 Defender)

Brass Contributor

Hello,

Can I just verify a previously installed gallery-only content template (i.e. data connector for Azure Activity or Microsoft 365 Defender) is overridden when the related Content Hub is installed for the first time?

What I am not certain about is the data connector in the Content Hub, for example, is not duplicated (from the previous legacy installation) and either overrides or states the data connector is already installed.

2 Replies
The data connector will not be duplicated. If you have one already it will either be overwritten with a newer version or just ignored.
Hello @GBushey,

Thank you very much for your response. I thought that was the case, but I just wanted to make sure no duplication happened.

The one follow-up question I do have, though, is with regard to the Content Hub solution for Microsoft 365 Defender.

Now Microsoft 365 Defender can provide 'Security Alert/Incident' coverage for defender products, such as Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Does that actually mean you have no need to deploy the separate Content Hub solution for Microsoft Defender for Endpoint? I ask again from a duplication point of view...