Azure SQL Database connector is not showing as connected

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have integrated SQL database & SQL manage instances to sentinel through diagnostics settings, I send logs categories as follows:

Sidra_Raza_0-1700806279682.png

SQL Insights, Query Store runtime Statistics, Query Store Wait Statistics, Errors

Sidra_Raza_1-1700806291145.png

I can see the logs in table “AzureDiagnostics” whereas the connector Azure SQL Database is not disconnected neither the tables are enabled in this connector. If anyone of you faced this issue kindly help me out.

Thanks in advance

9 Replies

@Sidra_Raza 

Hello, What does the Data connector screen look like?   If any data is being received you should get a green Bar in the top left and the status will be "connected".  Then the Datatypes that have sent data in the last 7days only are shown (look at the code in Log Analytics by clicking the button).  Its normal that you might only have one or more data types at any time.  

Clive_Watson_0-1700813690792.png

@Clive_Watson Here is the connector screen

Sidra_Raza_0-1700822235729.png

@Sidra_Raza 

Is that maybe the older version in the Data Connectors blade? The latest is found in the [Content hub]  Version 2.0.2:

Clive_Watson_0-1700825005978.png

@Clive_Watson 

I will check the version and get back to you.

One more Question: How we can integrate SQL virtual machine through diagnostics setting? Do we need to do some sort of configuration on the SQL VM?

Sidra_Raza_0-1701063344125.png

I don't have the diagnostics setting in the left bar.

Generally if its a VM, you'd add the AMA agent or use Defender for SQL Servers https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/defender-for-cloud/defender-for-sql-usage
I have installed the latest version of SQL Database connector but the connector is still showing as disconnected.
Do you have any data now (even if the connector is showing as disconnected)?
Yes I can see the data in AzureDiagnostics table.
What should I do now? Should I open support ticket with Microsoft?