Making the best use of Delve blogs - options for publishing to a wider audience?

Deleted
Not applicable

Looking for some advice here on how to promote Delve blog posts: Delve and the Delve blogs are not currently widely used/explored yet in our organization (we are working on that! :)) but we received feedback from those colleagues who are active bloggers that it is somewhat frustrating for the blogs to have limited reach / visibility beyond the sharing option to Yammer. It's obviously not a great incentive for putting time and energy into blog posts if you think very few colleagues will see or read them. Any advice on how to address this in the current set-up of Delve and is there anything on the roadmap that could address this painpoint? I couldn't find any pointers on the O365 roadmap but maybe others here might be aware or have found good ways of dealing with the same question. Thanks!

Had also posted the same question in the general community but reposting here hoping for additional ideas.

12 Replies

I replied to the original thread, I mentioned perhaps using SharePoint Communication Sites, once available, as a way to showcase blogs or use the news feature instead for publishing articles. 

I would like to know as well, did the Delve blogs ever take off, they seem rather stranded and a bit unloved but I could be completely wrong? Will the things Lucy mentioned improve anytime soon if anyone knows? 

I have had the same thoughts! The blog option could be a great way for teachers in my district to share ideas, but the blogs are limited and not easily accessed. Would love to hear how others are using the Blog.

I would agree with the thoughts here that the blogs on Delve seem somewhat unloved. My observation is that since the Graph has become more embedded across Office 365 the focus has drifted from Delve which was used very much as a showcase in the early days of Graph development. 

What would make sense is to bring blogs into Communication Sites to give them visibility but also to fill some of the gaps in what is, to me, quite a basic offering. Alternatively, just deprecate this functionality if uptake is that low.

@Mark Kashman @Naomi Moneypenny any thoughts on the future of Delve blogs?

have you ever come up with a good way to do this?

@Susan Hanleydo you have suggestions?

I agree with the idea of promoting in news articles - or on the home page of the intranet or in Yammer. I have some other ideas if you can write some code - you could probably use the Graph to showcase the latest posts of key bloggers on the intranet automagically.

Any one with guidance or speculation about the future of the 'blog' experience given the subsumption of the capabilities formerly-known-as-Delve into the ecosystem itself?

We want to promote blogging (or something like it) for some curated voices and are struggling with figuring out where? 

Other options would be as 'News' within the SP site  created by a Yammer Group creation (this would allow some cross-publication inside Yammer since Yammer has broad use inside our enterprise).

Another would be in a Communication Site dedicated to this purpose?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

There are some great ideas replying to this post, suggesting that blogs are featured on Communication sites and intranet sites. However, this does put a lot of onus on the Communications team or page administrators to choose what they think their colleagues should read and then manually feature these. I think development is needed to make it easier to see who is blogging in your organisation, enable users to 'follow' blogs they like and enable the sharing of blogs into other platforms like Teams and Yammer. I know you can copy/paste a link, but that doesn't present in a way that's particularly engaging, such as a thumbnail image and title.

I'm not a techie but I really don't understand why the Delve Blog link can't direct you to a blog solution which others in your organisation can comment on.... I don't want to link to Yammer. I've set up a team comms site in Sharepoint (as that has the option for people to comment on posts) but am unsure how to a) replace my delve pre-existing blog link (sway) to the new Sharepoint comms site and b) how to open it to everyone in my organsiation? I don't want to have to email people to look at new posts, I just want it open to everyone to view as they like... is this too much to ask?

While that seems like a very reasonable request, I would not hold my breath. From what I can tell, the Delve team has been reassigned to other work and changes to Delve should not be anticipated.

Having seen an enigmatic post from Mr @Mark Kashman about blogs - actually a poll - today. I think something is cooking. I can only agree with@Dean Gross that proactive updates to Delve have stopped. Purely anecdotal for me as nothing official has been announced on Delve’s future.

Here is the direct link:

https://twitter.com/mkashman/status/984845548086636545

The "newsfeed" story in O365 is pretty messy right now (though finally killing the Newsfeed app is a good start at fixing things). Maybe we'll hear more come SharePoint Conference time next month...

@Mark Kashmanor anyone else any thoughts post-May-SP-conference on the place in Modern SP for 'blogs' or individually voiced/curated periodic postings?

(for instance, the share-to-yammer feature of the UE in Delve Blogs was a sensible one as was the blog commenting being handled by Yammer discussions but with the apparent withering away of Delve as its own thing...)

btw and fwiw am faithful listener to Intrazone and if there was something there I somehow missed it:(