Getting employee's address from Delve

Brass Contributor

We have an Intranet running on SharePoint, and we use a third-party people finder plugin (from Valo) to search for employees, once we click more info for an employee it takes us to the the Delve profile.

One of the most requested property is the Office Address fro employees, but I cant seem to find a way to get it displayed in Delve. 

Any hope or should we start creating our own employee directory using SharePoint lists or something else...

8 Replies
Well, bearing in mind that you cannot customize Delve I would advice to create your own People Finder solution (just in case a third party solution is not an option here) that realies on the Microsoft Graph and gets all the information from Azure AD...in Azure AD you will need to have informed all the user data

If you add those fields to the SharePoint profile (or any custom field) using the old SharePoint admin center then those fields ARE displayable in Delve.  Look for old circa 2013 articles on how to add profile fields in SharePoint.

Now, can you count on this working forever, since it seems to be a deprecated feature (like how Delve is sort of deprecated)? No, of course not.

That's partially correct...Delve only surfaces some of the SPO user profiles, so even you can modify a bunch of them there, not all are going to be displayed in Delve and as I said, you cannot customized Delve profile page

Delve displays the custom fields in the profile, but yes you are correct you can't change the layout of the Delve UI.

Delve only displays custom user profile properties if you configure them to show in the profile page and by default when you add a custom profile property, it's not configured to show in the profile page

OK, fair point. Though I am not sure why anyone would add a custom profile field and then not set it to be visible on the profile page (what's the point).

I was just providing the right information ;) and FYI, there are many custom properties created by Microsoft that are configured not to show in Delve. So the process using the UI is the following:
1) Browse the SPO Admin Center
2) Click on User Profiles
3) Click on Manage User Properties
4) Add a new Property and be sure you configure it so it's displayed in the user profile page.
This approach will add the new property under the Additional Information category in the Delve profile page....you can move the property to another category using the user interface, but it's going to take some time because the move process is quite manual

Hi Juan Carlo,s

Thanks for your help. I have added the custom property and it shows in Additional Information, when you say: you can move the property to another category using the user interface, but it's going to take some time because the move process is quite manual

How do you do this?

Thank you.