Failed OnVUE Exam

Copper Contributor

I was about to take an MS-100 exam earlier today and was extremely disappointed and annoyed that the PC I have been using for exams now seemingly has an issue with app ver 3.78.106. 

When launching the exam, I was issued with a swusb.exe warning as per screenshot. 20220220_115725 (2).jpg

I was then told by the proctor to ctrl alt delete and stop the .exe via task manager, this closed my Pearson browser and i recieved a secruity warning, and i had to try and find the .exe in task manager, it's a Realtek usb 2/3 driver of some sort and has not previously caused an issue. I stopped the driver and removed the .exe.

I then relaunched my test and had to check in again with a different access code on the certification hub and received the same error, the proctor restarted my test again and then I received a thank you for taking the exam page. I was not able to re-launch the exam and had to phone customer service. 

After studying for a while for this test I'm hoping I receive a refund i have been told it will be looked into via technicians but i have no idea how long this will take. 

Has anyone had similar issues? 

5 Replies

@Joe_Stevens

I got the same error mid-exam - after having answered all questions and, while reviewing. I have lodged a case with the exam SP. What happened to your case? Did it get resolved ?

Happened with me today in the mid of the exam. Pearson proctor got changed and they sent email that they have some technical issue with the video feed because of which they asked me to press control +alt+del and end the session (kill.exe). As soon as I did it, it didn't allow me to login again. Called helpdesk and raised the issue, waiting to hear back from them on same. This is really demotivating @Joe_Stevens 

Hi I am having the same issue but mines is saying swusb needs to be closed and Microsoft teams. I am able to xlose trams but I cant find the other one. Google says it a realteck device, but still no luck. This is the 5th time I am foing this, but they have redunded me my money back each time. This seems ro be an ongoing issue with this site, so why isnt thwee tech assistanceat rhe ready? Can someone help me. Im not to tech savvyso please laymen terms only. Thanks in advance. My next exam is on the 11th of rhis month so please help b4 then. @Joe_Stevens 

@Joe_Stevens Hi guys, I was having the same issue with swusb.exe while doing my system check simulation for my AZ-900 exam later. I encountered the same issue in which I tried to stop the swusb.exe from the Task Manager - Processes, but just to end up with it automatically runs again. Then I tried to go through all the menus and found the swusb.exe on Task Manager - Services, which also can be used to stop the program from running. (I used Windows 11 btw)

HazimMir_0-1692114937313.png

Just click the program and choose "stop" option on the menus above it and it works! The Pearson Vue simulator doesn't detect swusb.exe as a running program anymore for my case. Hope this can help!

Thanks for this solution.
When stopped, I do not see it in the Task Manager.