Is there a way to get live transcript in Microsoft Teams?

Copper Contributor

I am trying to find a way in Microsoft Teams to get the live transcript, I want to be able to subscribe to a meeting/call that it is still running and to get the transcript from it. I understand that there is an Graph API that allows me to get the transcript for a meeting/call that ended, but that's not what I need. I am alright even with faking the subscription and do a HTTP call every 2-5/seconds. After I get the transcript I would like to do some live processing on the text.

I am aware that I can connect a bot to a meeting/call and then the bot can interact with the audio stream and use Azure AI Speech Service to convert the Speech-To-Text and get the live text. I found a sample in Microsoft Github repos: https://github.com/microsoftgraph/microsoft-graph-comms-samples/tree/master/Samples/PublicSamples/Ec...

This is a good solution, but if possible I would like to do be able to do one of the following, if possible:

1. get the transcript without a bot that needs to be connected to a session.
  2. connect a bot that can interact with the live transcript in order to get all additional metadata, like speaker name.
0 Replies