Microsoft Forms notifications with shared form

Copper Contributor

Hello dear community,

I have the following problem:

I have created a feedback form with MS Forms. This should automatically insert its results into an Excel table available online. So far so good. But so that my colleagues also have access to this table, I have moved the form to a specially created Teams group (also so that the Excel table takes over all changes live online). Since then, however, no one has received an email notification when the form has been completed (the corresponding box is ticked in the form). Can anyone help me?

Briefly about the initial situation:
The feedback form should be completed by our guests and a group of employees should be notified by e-mail when a form has been completed. It is equally important to collect the results in a self-synchronising Excel spreadsheet, which our team must have access to. Both for viewing and for making changes. This is because responsibilities need to be assigned and comments made manually.

As I said, the core problem is the non-existent e-mail notification as soon as I link the form to an online Excel spreadsheet.

Is there a workflow for my problem or am I perhaps making a mistake?

I look forward to your answers and thank you in advance.

PS: Happy New Year!

4 Replies

Hi @tobi4080,

Here are some potential solutions:

1. Verify Notification Settings:
    Ensure that the "Get email notification of each response" option is activated in the form settings.

2. Review Group Settings:
    If the form is associated with a group, check and adjust the group settings. Sign in to Forms, navigate to "My groups," and select the relevant group for email notifications.

3. Admin Settings Check:
    If you're an admin, examine the Office 365 admin settings under Org Settings > Services. Click on Microsoft Forms and make sure all settings are set to "ON".

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Hi @LeonPavesic 

Thank you for your reply. I have checked all the steps you described. However, I have still not been able to solve my problem. Do you have any other ideas?

Hi @tobi4080,

thanks for the update regarding your issue.

Here are some additional steps you can take to address the issue:

1. Verify Email Addresses:
    Ensure that the email addresses linked to Microsoft accounts are accurate and capable of receiving notifications.

2. Review Group Settings:
    If the form is associated with a group and you're not the creator, it might not be visible in your group list. In such cases, contact the group creator or an admin to adjust settings.

3. Form Settings Check:
    Open Microsoft Forms, click the ellipsis on the right, go to Settings, and select "Get email notifications of each response".

4. Admin Configuration:
    For admins, sign in to the Microsoft 365 admin center, navigate to Groups > Active groups, select the group, and go to the Settings tab. Enable "Allow external senders to email this group" and "Send copies of group conversations and events to group members".

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Hi @LeonPavesic 

Thank you for your new answer. Unfortunately, these steps did not solve my problem either. I would of course be delighted if you had any other ideas.