How to add contact info for user to fill out on form ?

Copper Contributor

After creating my form I need to add some text boxes where the user who is filling out the form can put down their info like name, company, phone number etc. Maybe I missing something but it will only let me add a text box in the form of a question. I simply just want to add some text fields for the user to put in their information. Why is this so difficult and is this possible ?

9 Replies

@Captkirk91 there is no way to do this other than to add it as a question: What is yourname? What is your email? What is your company? etc etc

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott  thank you that is what I figured seems there is a lack of features with this app. Can I change the "Enter your answer" field ? is it possible to change the text 

.... why is it that some templates have this option but when creating a form by scratch it will not allow the "Phone Number" option? 

How do we add to a fresh build not using a template? 

Found this nugget if you understand VBA...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/help-creating-an-automatically-formatting-pho...

But that's got nothing to do with Microsoft Forms.
:( ... I'm trying :) - there has to be something for this - as the templates have this option... or is it just survey formatting... is there a way to tag Microsoft. They have to be smart enough to add this simple function...

@JimmyLogistics the only Microsoft Forms template that seems to have a phone number question is the community volunteer registration template and just has the restriction as a number.

Feature requests can be added to the official Microsoft Feedback Portal and there is a request you can vote for for standard questions like name, email, phone at https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/1480a84c-4bbe-ed11-83ff-000d3a1ab5c3

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP Global (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

You are correct!!! - Thats a bummer that its not mapping to excel custom/special field for "Phone Number" - wouldn't that be a simple connection in forms?