Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Stop users from playing games

Copper Contributor

I need a way to stop users from playing games during work hours. I can't find exactly what I need anywhere so far. We have these machines all enrolled in AAD and MDM. They are Win10 desktop PC's. Anyone dealt with this before? I really just need games removed completely. We are in a full cloud, Azure environment. No on prem servers or domain.

3 Replies

Define games? :) You can certainly prevent people from executing specific apps or limit them to just running approved apps, however, there are tons of browser/flash/whatever games, not to mention mobiles, etc. It's more of a behavioral problem, which is best addressed by HR policies and such.

@Vasil Michev 

Yes, I do realize stopping browser based games are going to be almost impossible, but I am doing what I've been asked to work on. And I agree about the HR policies. When looking at using the AppX powershell commands to remove games I can't seem to get what I need when looking for the app name. Also, it would be nice to disable it somehow through our AAD/Intune policies by group or anything along those lines. Thank you!