Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Azure B2B collaboration

Copper Contributor

Hello to the community,

I recently started experimenting with MS Azure, and I can say I am quite intrigued from its capabilities. I have managed to set up login with ADFS and WAP servers but I am currently struggling with Azure B2B.

I have successfully invited external users to my Azure AD using the email-invite system. Also I can easily assign them to 3rd part applications registered in my tenant such as Yelp, Salesforce, etc.

What I can not get my head around and at this point, I don't even know if it is possible is, whether I can share O365 products (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.) with my external users.

I have tried to assign the O365 premium licence to them, but once they login in myapps.microsoft.com, they can not see any of O365 Microsoft apps.

I have looked extensively in the MS documentation, but they are not clear around the limitations of B2B. Could someone please confirm whether that is something achievable and if yes what's best way of doing it.

Regards, 

2 Replies

Hello Rouxlas - 

Yes, B2B users can access O365. Currently, SPO/OneDrive, Office 365 groups, Dynamics 365 and Dynamics CRM support B2B user access.

Support for other O365 products and products like PowerBI, VSTS, Teams etc is in progress.

Please refer to this article here for more details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/active-directory-b2b-o365-external-user 

And holler if you have any questions.

Thanks!

You wrote "Yes, B2B users can access O365. Currently, SPO/OneDrive, Office 365 groups, Dynamics 365 and Dynamics CRM support B2B user access."
Is this (Office 365 Groups) include Teams?
Thanks.