SOLVED

Veeam Backup and Replication v11 warning / User changes

Steel Contributor

Hi everyone,

i recently migrated from ATA to MDI and have 2 questions.

In ATA we could see what a helpdesk worker did to a user account (added to group, changed end date etc).  In MDI it seems like we do not get this information. I have set all the Eventlog and audit rights to the DCs and Domain.

Also i get the warning about Veeam B&R with Remote Code execution. How can i built a "least privilege" exclusion on this warning?
A user attempted to execute VeeamVssSupport (C:\Windows\VeeamVssSupport\VeeamGuestHelper.exe) on 2 domain controllers via SvcCtl. The remote execution succeeded.

I do not want to exclude the whole backupservers for this warning or even the domain controllers as "destination". Is there also a possiblity to exclude a file? 

Best regards

Stephan

8 Replies

No one is using Veeam with MDI?
I now defined two interaction proxies and excluded them for the specific warning.

For the second questions. I miss this on our "helpdesk admins"

StephanGee_0-1678257479636.png

vs MDI

2023-03-08_07h39_45.png

Or is this kind of a special right needed (I am Global Admin).

@StephanGee regarding your second question, no special role is needed. We are working on adding more information to each activity in the identity timeline, as we see below in "group membership changed" example. This change should be available by the end of the month. 

That's great news! Thank you.
I could not see anything related in the release notes. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/defender-for-identity/whats-new
Was this postponed?
best response confirmed by StephanGee (Steel Contributor)
Solution

@StephanGee We've updated the group membership changes activities in the user timeline ~2 weeks ago. Please let me know if there's a problem.   

Thank you. I can confirm that. It is working.
I have this same issue, what did you do to resolve ?
I did this:
"I now defined two interaction proxies and excluded them for the specific warning."

Thats the minimum tune that's possible i think.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by StephanGee (Steel Contributor)
Solution

@StephanGee We've updated the group membership changes activities in the user timeline ~2 weeks ago. Please let me know if there's a problem.   

View solution in original post