Customizing customer information fields

Customizing customer information fields

Upvotes

Upvote

Mar 28 2022
5 Comments (5 New)
New

Can we customize some fields in the customer information?  For example, "Full Name" and organization email address (for my organization, we would customize as "MC3 email address."

Comments
Brass Contributor

The experience we have is that a lot of our customers only fill in their first name in the "Name" field. This makes it difficult to validate who a booking is for. So there's definitely room for improvement here in this part of the booking form. So customisation of the information fields would surely help to resolve this problem.

Copper Contributor

similar we run into experience where people don't fill out the full name or the organization email. For my company it is more important that we have an account name in the booking. I would like to change customer name to Account name if possible, then I would be able to import the account names into Bookings. 

Copper Contributor
Brass Contributor

Bookings has been updated at some point in the last 6 months because the name field has been changed to ask the user for their "first name and last name" (see screenshot below) and this small change has vastly improved the number of people who correctly fill out the form.

I had another look today and the name field is the minimum field that is required for any booking and this isn't optional. But I wonder if it might be better to toggle whether the name field is required or not, the same way that email, telephone can be toggled as "required". At one point I felt like it would be better if the email address was the minimum field that is required for a booking because the majority can fill in their email address correctly and then at least the customer would get a booking confirmation with the possibility to rebook or cancel and we can normally link an email to a customer's name when we're processing the bookings. This would also mean that the customised text fields feature in Bookings could then be used to get exactly the data that the company needs from the customer (separate fields for "first name" and "last name" etc).

@Gdrum69 You can already use custom fields for 2 of your needs, just add a text field for the "company name" and "job title" if that is what you need from your customers (see an example in the screenshot below). I don't think Microsoft would specifically add these kinds of fields to Bookings because the number of ways that people use the program is too diverse.

Colin365_0-1687866756720.png

Copper Contributor

@Colin365 Thanks but you are missing the point, MS isn't done, we aren't good to go lol such as separate fields for first and last name. Here for the list in comments: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-bookings-ideas/basic-business-fields-company-etc/id...

My bookings field  also just say Name in label btw.