SOLVED

Specific permissions to folders and subfolders in a shared mailbox

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to set custom permissions to users/mailboxes over the folders/subfolders in a shared mailbox. If I add the users as members of the shared mailbox, they have full permissions over all the folder and subfolders. I want to avoid that some users could see, read or write some foldres/subfolders.

Thank you very much!!

Jose

3 Replies
Yes you can, either use the client (both Outlook and OWA) or PowerShell (Add-MailboxFolderPermission). One thing to keep in mind is that you need to grant at least "viewer" permissions on each folder in the path to the folder you're sharing, including the "root" one.
Hi Vasil,
I think I've tried assigning permissions from the root to the subfolder. I did it using OWA and without assigning delegation permissions to the user, because if I set the delegation, full access to all the folders hierarchy was applyed. I will try again. The problem to test it is the delay, the changes are not applied inmediately.
Thank you very much!!
Jose
best response confirmed by joseparra (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

I've finally found the solution. The key was in the link 

I just needed to add "delegated" mailbox manually in the "delegate" account managent, from Outlook.

Jose

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by joseparra (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

I've finally found the solution. The key was in the link 

I just needed to add "delegated" mailbox manually in the "delegate" account managent, from Outlook.

Jose

View solution in original post