Shared Mailbox Recovery

Copper Contributor

I have engaged our reseller via support ticket, but they haven't been overly useful. I cannot find the ability to enter a ticket directly to Microsoft via either my Office 365 admin portal or the Partner Center.

About a week ago, Microsoft lost a bunch of our Shared Mailboxes. I’m trying to figure out how to get them back, but it’s a long, undocumented road.

I found the real -> shared mailboxes with `Get-Mailbox -SoftDeletedMailbox`, but not the boxes that were originally created as shared.

I was able to restore the ones I did find via `Undo-SoftDeletedMailbox allieb@contoso.com` but that doesn't work for the other boxes. It also doesn't seem to actually produce a usable mailbox.

They do not appear in active or deleted mailboxes.

Not all shared mailboxes disappeared, just some of them.

For one of the mailboxes, a message trace shows mail coming in until some time on the 12th. The admin audit log shows no activity on the 12th.

4 Replies
Hi MIke,

To get support from Microsoft you can go in the M365 admin portal to the support menu - New service request
On the right a menu slides out
Type you issue in the search bar followed by enter
at the bottom of the menu you have the option to contact support

Hope this helps

@Guido van Dijk 

I have tried that, but there's nothing there (anymore) about contacting Microsoft, only the thus far useless partner I purchased Office 365 from.

I know it used to have something as I can view a prior service request that I had with Microsoft. I just can't enter a new one.

That's disappointing.of your partner, but as far as I know is that despite you have bought it from you partner and you are a global administrator you should be able to make a request.
Maybe this can help you.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/global-customer-service-phone-numbers-c0389ade-5640-e588-8...
Ah, because I have purchased it via a reseller, Microsoft support will no longer help me directly.

One's reseller needs to escalate it to Microsoft or one needs to drop the reseller.