SOLVED

Send copies of group conversations and events to group members inboxes

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I would like update my office 365 groups with this parameter automatically through powershell but with Set-UnifiedGroup -SubscriptionEnabled but this don't work. I have only the notifications within the group box of member and not within his mailbox. It's ok, if I update this parameter in admin office 365 manually but I would like to configure this one on every groups who existing and the new ones. Do you have an solution ? regards

7 Replies
Hi, try using -AutoSubscribeNewMembers switch. Bear in mind the following though..

”Only users that are added to the group after you enable this setting are automatically subscribed to the group.”

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/set-unifiedgroup?view=exchange-ps

@ChristianBergstrom Hi thank you for your answer but I have already tried and this don't work very well, the parameter who work at 100% is that within the screenshot below i would like to activate this one on every groups but i don't find that in set-unifiedgroup, set-team, ... thank you for your help send.PNG

Hi, the options within Set-UnifiedGroup cmdlet are the ones available. If they don’t work as intended I suggest you open up a support ticket with Microsoft.
best response confirmed by SebastienHe (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ChristianBergstrom thank's for your help, after to have tested, for to change this parameter, I have combined two options : firstly activate -AutoSubscribeNewMembers and -SubscriptionEnabled at true and secondly update a member in subscriber with Add-UnifiedGroupLinks have a nice day

Hi, good to hear. I am afraid I didn’t fully understand your expected behavior. But I do now, and it is also described in this article https://office365itpros.com/2020/10/21/update-teams-send-meeting-invitations-to-members/

@SebastienHe

Hi Sir,

I am also having the same concern, can you show me how you did it?

@SebastienHe I know this is old at this point, but I wanted to share the command that worked for me:

For all Microsoft 365 groups:

Get-UnifiedGroup | Set-UnifiedGroup -AutoSubscribeNewMembers:$True

For a specific Microsoft 365 group:

Set-UnifiedGroup GroupName -AutoSubscribeNewMembers:$True

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SebastienHe (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ChristianBergstrom thank's for your help, after to have tested, for to change this parameter, I have combined two options : firstly activate -AutoSubscribeNewMembers and -SubscriptionEnabled at true and secondly update a member in subscriber with Add-UnifiedGroupLinks have a nice day

View solution in original post