SOLVED

Reprompt for permission

Copper Contributor

If I have denied permissions to an app and am no longer prompted to provide them, how can I change this?

3 Replies

Hi @Splotchy0541,

to review and adjust permissions for an application in the Microsoft 365 admin center, follow these steps:

1. Log in to the Microsoft 365 admin center (https://admin.microsoft.com/).
  2. Navigate to the Settings > Org settings > Services page.
  3. Choose User consent to apps.
  4. On the User consent to apps page, toggle the option Let users provide consent when apps request access to your organization's data on their behalf.

LeonPavesic_0-1704378064457.png

Enabling this setting allows applications to request users' permission to access your organization's data, allowing users to make the decision. If disabled, administrators must provide consent to these applications before users can utilize them.

Additionally, you can manage application accounts in the My Apps portal (https://myapps.microsoft.com/).
To view the applications consented by you or your administrator, select ... when hovering over an app in the My Apps portal, and then choose Manage your application. Any granted permissions can be revoked by selecting Revoke Permissions.

LeonPavesic_2-1704378295238.png

LeonPavesic_3-1704378345983.png

Managing user consent to apps in Microsoft 365 - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

Edit or revoke application permissions in the My Apps portal - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

best response confirmed by Splotchy0541 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Thank you whilst that wasn't directly the answer to my specific concern. I found out that if missing from the My Apps list, I can still search for it and then using the ⋮ without completing the search I can fully revoke the incomplete permission set to trigger prompting.

Better take a look on how app is missing for this case

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Splotchy0541 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Thank you whilst that wasn't directly the answer to my specific concern. I found out that if missing from the My Apps list, I can still search for it and then using the ⋮ without completing the search I can fully revoke the incomplete permission set to trigger prompting.

View solution in original post