Renaming a synced folder

Copper Contributor

Hello!

I have problems with renaming my folder. I have synced my sharepoint sites folders via onedrive to my File Explorer. First time it was good, but then there became documets that I weren't able to delete so I ended that folders syncing to my File Explorer. After ending sync and the folder was gone I started syncing again. Here comes to problem... The new synced folder name is "my own text" - Documents (1). First of all I want that (1) out of it and secend of all I still cant remove the first sync folders from seeing it in File Explorer. Can you please help me change the name and deleting that folder. Thank you so much :)

-Markus

1 Reply

@HartomoYes have had the same problems and ended up with a folder called Thing I Want (2) which refuses to be renamed.  I don't want to update the Sharepoint shared folder, just to rename my shortcut link to it to what it should be. 

It's clear that the folder name on my side is not the same as the Sharepoint folder because the Sharepoint side doesn't have the "(2)" part on the end so why does an attempt to rename the folder automatically attempting (and being refused) to change the Sharepoint side rather than just the (already differently named) local shortcut folder? 

Probably possible to delete the syncing and start again to get the normally named folder, but with all the syncing taking days at a time and risk of deleting the online version when you clear the (you think) detached local folders it just begs the question:  How can we change the name of the locally synced folder?

Thanks for any tips for how this can be rectified.