SOLVED

"MOVE TO" Feature on MS Outlook Client vs. "Outlook 365 on the Web"

Copper Contributor

I don't know about anyone else, but I am supremely frustrated with Microsoft in that they cannot be consistent with making one feature as easy to use in their client version as it is to use on their Web version of MS Outlook.

That feature is the MOVE TO feature.  What part of it, do you ask?
Simple, it's this:

jeffbloomer_0-1689347874169.png

This feature is a HUGE productivity enhancer on Web, and yet MS has yet to add it to the Client version of their software, which I find highly frustrating!

jeffbloomer_1-1689348825059.png

It's so much more intuitive to use, yet I prefer a number of the interfaces better from the Client.  So my simple question to Microsoft is this:

WHEN ARE YOU ADDING THIS FEATURE TO THE CLIENT VERSION OF MS OUTLOOK for WINDOWS?  And can I add a big PLEASE??

3 Replies

@jeffbloomer 

Yes, it is different between Web version and Outlook application

best response confirmed by jeffbloomer (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jeffbloomer . I hope your are doing great this weekend. I understand your frustration with the missing "Move To" feature in the MS Outlook Client version for Windows. The "Move To" feature is indeed a great productivity enhancer on the web version of Outlook, making it easier to organize emails efficiently. What helped me was these steps.

1. Use Microsoft Feedback Options: Within the Outlook client, you can use the "Send a Smile" or "Give Feedback" options to directly share your thoughts with Microsoft. These options allow you to provide feedback and suggestions for improving their software.

2. Visit Microsoft's UserVoice Platform: Microsoft has a UserVoice platform where users can suggest new features and vote on existing suggestions. You can visit the Outlook UserVoice page and submit your request for the "Move To" feature to be added to the client version. The more votes a suggestion receives, the more likely it is to catch Microsoft's attention.

3. Engage with Microsoft on social media: You can also engage with Microsoft's official social media channels, such as Twitter, and express your request there. Companies often monitor their social media accounts for customer feedback and inquiries.

Remember that software development and updates can take time, but providing feedback directly to Microsoft increases the chances of them taking your request into account for future improvements.

It's a shame MS doesn't follow these forums more closely like Adobe does theirs. Seems a little inefficient, but I'll do what I can to get my voice hear. Thanks!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jeffbloomer (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jeffbloomer . I hope your are doing great this weekend. I understand your frustration with the missing "Move To" feature in the MS Outlook Client version for Windows. The "Move To" feature is indeed a great productivity enhancer on the web version of Outlook, making it easier to organize emails efficiently. What helped me was these steps.

1. Use Microsoft Feedback Options: Within the Outlook client, you can use the "Send a Smile" or "Give Feedback" options to directly share your thoughts with Microsoft. These options allow you to provide feedback and suggestions for improving their software.

2. Visit Microsoft's UserVoice Platform: Microsoft has a UserVoice platform where users can suggest new features and vote on existing suggestions. You can visit the Outlook UserVoice page and submit your request for the "Move To" feature to be added to the client version. The more votes a suggestion receives, the more likely it is to catch Microsoft's attention.

3. Engage with Microsoft on social media: You can also engage with Microsoft's official social media channels, such as Twitter, and express your request there. Companies often monitor their social media accounts for customer feedback and inquiries.

Remember that software development and updates can take time, but providing feedback directly to Microsoft increases the chances of them taking your request into account for future improvements.

View solution in original post