Public Folder to O365 Group migration questions

Copper Contributor

Dear

We’re doing a POC to migrate OnPrem Public folders to Office 365 Groups as described in: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/collaboration-exo/public-folders/batch-migration-of-excha...

The process is working as expecting, PF content is migrated to the Office 365 Group.

The result, however, is not what we want. We have two issues:

• We want to keep the PF folder structure in the O365 Group. But the migration drops all the messages in the root of the group mailbox?
    When doing a new-pstimportrequest from storage blob to a normal mailbox, you can specify the target folder inside the mailbox by using an attribute in the CSV file used by the import.
    It seems that this is not possible with PF 2 O365 batch migrations? I can’t find what all possible columns are for the CSV file used by the batch migration.
    The example Microsoft show has only the following attributes: "FolderPath","TargetGroupMailbox",  where FolderPath is the PF folder path.
    Is there an additional attribute to specify the FolderPath in the Group Mailbox?
  • After the import, I can see the group in EXO OWA, together with all the messages (but all in the root)
    In the fat Outlook client, the group automatically appears, but I can’t see the messages, while I can see that there are 78 unread messages?
    When I drag and drop a message in the Group, it’s synced to group mailbox in EXO and I can see the message in both: Outlook client and OWA.
    Disabling and enabling Outlook Caching did not solve the issue.

Thanks for the support
Regards
Peter

0 Replies