Planner Confusing for Group Files

Copper Contributor

We are implementing document management for a groups files. This uses multiple libraries for controlled documents as is recommended to better manage privileges.

It has taken quite some convincing to get the users on board to accessing files through SharePoint and controls. Now we are trying to implement Planner for the group, however, they can't access any of their files.

The libraries can be linked to the Teams page, however, when they go to add attachment to the planner their only option under "Team Files" is a general folder created when creating the site. They can't access the libraries. 

How am I supposed to get the team to use proper file control when Planner 1. Doesn't allow them to attach the controlled versioned documents they are working on and 2. invites them to either upload new documents or provide links which don't have any of the integration.

I absolutely don't want my users to make another repository of planner documents.

There must be a way to access document libraries within a group site from the planner for the group right?

0 Replies