Outlook losing signatures

Copper Contributor
Running office 365 in a medium size company (100-150 users). Our Outlook is 2016. I have one user who's signatures are always getting deleted when the workstation is restarted. But not all of the signatures are gone, just the ones I've created that day. Anything I should check? (apart from the shutdown script?)
3 Replies

@PBwork  Did this just start happening? Microsoft is rollout out a new feature to store signatures in the cloud and I am wondering if this is a bug from this new code rollout.

signature.jfif

@Joe Stocker 

Yes, although I have not been using 365 all that long. Perhaps two months? I have not seen or hear of another users having this problem. Would you suggest that I report this bug to Microsoft in a support ticket?  

Since it is only happening to a single user, I believe the MAPI Profile is corrupt.
Have you tried removing and re-creating the Outlook profile?
Right-click the Start menu and open the Control Panel.
Select User Accounts, followed by Mail.
From the Mail Setup window, select the option to Show Profiles.
Click on the profile you want to delete and choose Remove.
Click Yes to confirm in the pop-up window and when it's done, click OK to finalize.

Then create a new profile:
From the Control Panel, choose User Accounts, followed by Mail.
Inside the Mail Setup window, choose Show Profiles.
From the Show Profiles screen, click the option to Add a profile.
Name the new profile and click OK.
Follow the prompts to create the new profile.

If you keep losing the signature even after creating a new profile, then I would run an Office Repair, and if an Office repair fails, then try to see if the problem happens on a separate computer. If the same user account does not have the issue on a separate PC then we know the problem is isolated to that user profile. Removing the user profile and re-creating the user profile is a pretty big step just for a lost email signature but it's the last resort.

To run an Office Repair
Open Control Panel (Start>Settings>Control Panel)
Select Programs and Features
Select Microsoft Office
Click the Change.
Select the Reinstall or Repair button, click Next.
Select Detect and Repair.
Click Install and follow any prompts provided by the repair tool.