OneDrive - the most annoying app ever

Copper Contributor

Hello,

along with a new computer, I decided to switch from my older version of Office to a Microsoft 365 plan. I've been using OneDrive for a few years already like one uses any other storage device.

What Microsoft did with OneDrive within the Microsoft 365 package, though, is pure annoyance. In fact, I'm momentarily tempted to cancel Microsoft 365 and install my old Office 2010 again. 

How can the developers think, any user would deem OneDrive the most important app ever developed in the whole universe? It's a storage device, people, not the cure for cancer, it's basically just a souped-up floppy disk. Why, then, does it push itself to the fore on all occasions like a prom queen with an inferiority complex?

The options to control OneDrive are plain abysmal. I don't want it to track every single activity on my computer and suck up every bit of data, so it fills rapidly with pieces of crap data I have to delete by hand later, stealing me hours of lifetime. Above all else I don't want it to display just everything on every starting screen available. Aren't you guys ashamed even using the term "data privacy" when there's not even an option to get rid of that annoying "last used" folder on the Office 356 starting screen? I don't want my coworkers look over my shoulder and see I've just written an application, a resignation or a dismissal for Tom. That's basic data privacy!

At it's momentary form, Microsoft 365 is more a problem than a solution for anything. Please, add some basic privacy options before you think about promoting this total indiscretion device. And find a solution for OneDrive to better control auto-save, so not every piece of junk data is stuffed to it.

1 Reply

@MueheM 

You have said exactly what I think.  SOOOOO frustrating!

LM