Onedrive for business dont send share notification email

Copper Contributor

Suddenly , When users share folder or file in out tenant, No one received an email notifying them that it had been shared with them. It happens with all users in my organization.

Have someone meet this issue? Please help
3 Replies
I'm here to assist you with technical questions to the best of my abilities, but I'm not an official representative of Microsoft. However, I can provide some general troubleshooting steps that you can follow to address the issue of not receiving email notifications when sharing folders or files within your Microsoft 365 tenant. This issue could be due to various reasons, and the steps below should help you identify and resolve the problem:

1. **Check Sharing Settings:**
Ensure that the sharing settings for the folders or files are correctly configured. You can review and modify these settings in Microsoft OneDrive, SharePoint, or Teams, depending on where you're sharing the content.

2. **Recipient Email Addresses:**
Verify that the email addresses of the recipients are correctly entered. Double-check for typos or incorrect addresses.

3. **Email Notification Settings:**
Check the email notification settings for the shared content. Ensure that notifications are enabled for the specific folder or file being shared.

4. **User Permissions:**
Ensure that users have the appropriate permissions to access the shared content. They should have at least "View" or "Edit" permissions as per your requirements.

5. **User Email Settings:**
Verify that the email settings for the recipients are configured correctly. They should be able to receive external emails from your organization.

6. **Check Junk/Spam Folders:**
Ask the recipients to check their Junk/Spam folders in their email clients. Sometimes, email notifications can be mistakenly categorized as spam.

7. **Email Service Status:**
Ensure that your email service, such as Exchange Online, is functioning correctly. You can check the Microsoft 365 Service Health Dashboard for any known issues.

8. **Audit Logs:**
Review the audit logs in Microsoft 365 to see if there are any error messages or issues related to sharing notifications.

9. **Testing with a Test Account:**
Create a test account within your organization and try sharing a folder or file with it to see if it receives notifications. This can help isolate the issue.

10. **Contact Microsoft Support:**
If the issue persists and you cannot identify the cause, it may be necessary to contact Microsoft Support for assistance. They can provide more in-depth troubleshooting and resolve any underlying problems.

Remember to document any changes you make during the troubleshooting process, as this can help if you need to escalate the issue to Microsoft Support. Additionally, always ensure that you are following best practices for security and data sharing within your organization to avoid any unintended issues.

@Hieuchaya 

Better to revisit sharing option, OneDrive Admin center and message trace to see whether related to Exchange Online

Did you get this resolved? I'm having the same issue.