One Dive issues on MacBook Pro

Copper Contributor

I have been unable to sign in to One Drive on my recently purchased MacBook Pro. I have spoken to the tech support at Apple and even attempted to get help from the company I received licensing from to access Office 365. 

I have done everything I know to do, including troubleshooting on my own. The icon is visible on my computer. Once I click it, it says it is not connected, then it begins to spin, saying sign in, but the sign-in never comes up.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Thank you

4 Replies

@hDaughter6869 

Please refer this thread:https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/onedrive-for-business/onedrive-broken-on-macos-10-15-catalina...

They suggesting to install older version of OneDrive from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=823060

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved
If you like my response, please give it a like

@hDaughter6869 

Can try this:

1. Quit OneDrive. (Select the cloud icon in the top tray, then select Settings > Quit OneDrive.)

2. Find OneDrive in your Applications folder.

3. Right-click OneDrive and select Show Package Contents.

4. Browse to the Contents > Resources folder.

5. Double-click ResetOneDriveApp.command (or ResetOneDriveAppStandalone.command, if you're using the standalone app).

6. Start OneDrive and finish the setup process.

@Deleted 

Thank you for the link. I was able to use the link, but now I cannot get it to sync my files. I guess I need to change from bash to zsh. I plan to call Apple for assistance before I do something totally incorrect. I will respond to say resolved once that has been addressed if it makes it possible to use One Drive. 

Thank you. I did try this but for some reason, it would still not allow me to finish the setup process. I am still running MacOS Monterey. I have to schedule a call with Apple to ask about my external hard drive not being recognized, so I'm unable to do a backup. Hopefully, updating the OS might help.