SOLVED

Office 365 'More information required' on login

Copper Contributor

I have set up an office 365 organization with 3 users.

Upon logging in we get the following message "More info required, your organization needs more information to keep your account secure" See attached

If I click next we are then required to set up the authentication app. I want to be able to disable this for now, so there is no double authentication and we can just sign in.

Main reason is there are not work phones or we ant to use personal email so no way of double authenticating. This will be reviewed but here and now dont want the barrier

I have other Office365 account that I have set up and havent have to do this - so it seems something has changed with the default settings.

Which I cant trackdown

I thought it might be that Multi Factor Authentication was turn on but this is disabled for all users (see attached)

Any ideas how I can diasble this?

5 Replies
best response confirmed by CKennerdale (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@CKennerdale Glad to help! Would you mind checking the 'best response' box in the previous reply so others easily can find the answer to the topic. Thanks.

@CKennerdale 

Appreciate this is too late now I imagine! But I had this issue too when setting up a Trial tenancy. For me the issue wasnt Conditional Access or Security defaults. It was because I had enabled SSPR (Self Service Password Reset). 

Navigate to AAD > Password Reset

Change it to Either None or Selected and then you wont see the prompts anymore. 

Hope it helps!

We are having this same issue out of nowhere. We use CAs and MFA. This message comes up for several users. We don't use SSPR, have tried to enabled/exempt groups, selected, turned on/off nothing solves the issue. This and it takes 18hrs for a CA policy to finally update and go into effect. I'm stumped how MS is still in business. This entire Intune/E5 CAs etc..have been complete disaster. The cloud platform has so many changes, transitions, stuff that is in preview, doesn't work maybe works...sometimes works, no idea how to setup/resolve issues, Support isn't of any help etc...becoming a complete nightmare MS products. Ready to jump ship and move to another entire platform....buh bye MS and millions of dollars. I know you don't care. If you use CA, security defaults are disabled. You can't change them. So no idea how to solve this. Support just goes in circles with let us make sure we understand the situation response with nothing. Joke this company today.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by CKennerdale (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@CKennerdale Glad to help! Would you mind checking the 'best response' box in the previous reply so others easily can find the answer to the topic. Thanks.

View solution in original post