Microsoft Editor missing from toolbar

Iron Contributor

*REVISED* 11/4

Many of our machines are missing Microsoft Editor from our desktop applications (Word, Outlook).  This is the advanced grammar tool available since last year.   I have identified that the machines that are missing this feature are on on semi-annual channel 2102 deployed by Intune Apps.  Machines that are working OK are on the Current Channel 2110.  

This feature was released way back in 2020, maybe around version 2008, so this is not really about being on an older version.  It is acting like the Semi-Annual channel doesn't include this feature.  I cannot find any articles or posts to support this.  Is there any way to get our users this feature while on the Semi-Annual channel, or do we need to move everyone to the Current Channel?  

I heard in Ignite about the innovations with Context IQ coming soon, and it sounds like some of it may run through Microsoft Editor, so I would like to get his feature working.  

3 Replies

@Eric_H 

Having the same exact issue on the same exact version.  I had Editor last Friday and now it's vanished.  Did you ever find a solution?

I'm also looking for an answer to the same question regarding Editor availability on SA 2102, so thank you for asking the question.
It seems as if any of our machines on the "Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel" did not have the Editor feature, even though the version release was new enough. MS must have held the feature out of that release channel. I moved everyone to the "Monthly Enterprise Channel" to resolve it. HOWEVER, I did notice a few weeks ago Editor icon is gone. It appears in the latest version, Microsoft has moved back to calling it "Check Document". This icon does open the editor with the advanced features. You can also add the "Editor" icon by customizing your ribbon buttons, but that opens the exact same menu as "Check Document" (spell check). Hope this helps.