SOLVED

Legal Case Management System

Copper Contributor

I am creating a personal legal case management system in Microsoft365 and  I have having trouble with outlining the various apps to be used.  Currently I management my cases in MS Access.  My main goals:

• Allow for outsourcing of discreet tasks 
  • Client portal
    • where they can view case status,
    • view advice (videos, text) specific to their case status
    • , send me a text, email, etc,
    • see what actions our office is taking on their case.
  • Case workflows.
    • Every case follows the same sequence of "milestones" so template workflow
    • Parent/child events in the workflow.  Time frames in the template (Event B needs to follow Event B within X days)

I am thinking that I would be creating a sharepoint site for each client, and a sharepoint site for the practice as a whole.  I want either clients or me in a zoom with my client using forms to enter info in database.  That part greatly concerns me, as I now use relational DB access.  Should I be having data entered in forms posting to dataverse that is tied to my MS DB?  

On the task management side, lists or planner or outlook?  The workflow can get complex.  I can envision different chains: lets say, the "onboard new client" chain, or the "Get Ready for Trial" event chain.  So task workflow chains are  triggered by case status.  When I look at Lists vs To Do vis Planner vs Outlook tasks I am bewildered.  Its a lot I know, and the alphabet soup of MS365 apps adds to the confusion!  Any help would be most appreciated.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by standenman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @standenman,

There're many ways to fit your requirements in M365. Regarding the tools, what you need to check first is how you'll interact with the different individuals, ( all M365 users, different companies with different environments, ecc... ).

F.E: You may prefer use Outlook for tasks, but if you're all M365 users, Planner will provide you more control and also Outlook notifications. PowerAutomate in my case is my preferred solution.

Let me suggest to take this official MS course... It's free and will not take much time, but will provide you many ideas, scenarios and case management skills:

Managing cases with Dynamics 365 Customer Service Hub - Training | Microsoft Learn

On the other hand, I found this external post that could also be very interesting for your scenario:

How Power Automate can improve Case Management  - m-hance

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by standenman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @standenman,

There're many ways to fit your requirements in M365. Regarding the tools, what you need to check first is how you'll interact with the different individuals, ( all M365 users, different companies with different environments, ecc... ).

F.E: You may prefer use Outlook for tasks, but if you're all M365 users, Planner will provide you more control and also Outlook notifications. PowerAutomate in my case is my preferred solution.

Let me suggest to take this official MS course... It's free and will not take much time, but will provide you many ideas, scenarios and case management skills:

Managing cases with Dynamics 365 Customer Service Hub - Training | Microsoft Learn

On the other hand, I found this external post that could also be very interesting for your scenario:

How Power Automate can improve Case Management  - m-hance

View solution in original post