SOLVED

Issue in PowerPoint - Embed Power Bi report can't 'show as saved image'

Copper Contributor

Hi

I have following problem in PowerPoint. I have embedded an URL of my power BI report. Few weeks ago the functionality for 'show as saved image' still worked, but today not anymore. I get this instead for my power bi report.

How can this be solved?

Thanks in advance!

lh9000_0-1709731723350.png

5 Replies
I have same issue. Can anyone help?

I'm having the same issue @lh9000. Any responses or progress outside of this post?

@DenisePattonATI Unfortunately, I did not receive any answers with a solution :sad:

best response confirmed by lh9000 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @lh9000 I finally discovered a solution provided by Microsoft What's new in the Power BI add-in for PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn. On March this year they created a new functionality for static images that allows you to choose if you want this static images to be available to everyone even without access to Power BI reports or only available to people with access granted to the Power BI reports. To have access to this you just need to press the Live Data button in the bottom left corner of your embed report and choose either public snapshot or just snapshot, then save your Power Point. When you open it again it will load as an image.

Spirou_PT_LX_0-1710493876816.png

More information in detail in the link I provide above.

Hope this helps everyone.

@Spirou_PT_LX I am currently working with a client who is on a different tenant, meaning that due to the current limitation they will not be able to view the data live. I used to use the "Show as saved image" but that no longer work. Using the Public Snapshot does not work either and is leaving the visuals either blank or like in below picture. Does this new functionality not work cross-tenant?

Screenshot 2024-03-21 223818.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by lh9000 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @lh9000 I finally discovered a solution provided by Microsoft What's new in the Power BI add-in for PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn. On March this year they created a new functionality for static images that allows you to choose if you want this static images to be available to everyone even without access to Power BI reports or only available to people with access granted to the Power BI reports. To have access to this you just need to press the Live Data button in the bottom left corner of your embed report and choose either public snapshot or just snapshot, then save your Power Point. When you open it again it will load as an image.

Spirou_PT_LX_0-1710493876816.png

More information in detail in the link I provide above.

Hope this helps everyone.

View solution in original post