SOLVED

IOS Outlook App - All Calendars are hidden

Brass Contributor

We have a user whereby she us trying to view her own Calendar inbox. but is getting the error "All Calendars are hidden. 

Have tried to uninstall app and re-isntall didn't work

Have tried to open OWA web calendar and make sure time zone and langauge is set correctly ( they are) 

PCHealer_0-1660641823794.png

20 Replies
We have the same problem.
Seems to be limited to the specific device. If we enroll new device it works.
#Intune #OutlookApp #iOS

We have the exact same problem with multiple users in our organization, starting a couple of weeks ago. Until now, we have had a single Android device and the rest is iPhones/iPads. Our devices are enrolled in Microsoft Intune, some are personally-owned devices installed with Company Portal, and some are enrolled with Apple Business Manager/Samsung Knox, and synced to Intune.

This is what we have tried so far:
Removed native Exchange account and other local mail accounts
Reset outlook account
Deleted outlook account
Uninstalled Outlook app and re-installed
Checked correct time zone

Updated Outlook app and OS

Both Outlook Desktop and Outlook Online, works fine. The user can sign into another device, which also works fine. Seems to be device specific.
A complete wipe of the device will make it work.

I am confused what do you mean?
We manage devices through mdm(intune)
If we take a completely new device and enroll it, login to outlook, it works.
So it does not seem to be user specific but maybe device.
(I have no solution)
We have a single user, which experience the problem on both his iPhone and his iPad. One is personally owned Intune-connected, the other managed by Apple Businness Manager and Intune, both unfixable. No pattern there. On a completely new phone, he is able to access his calendar like normal.
Seems that we all experinence the same bug in Outlook (or what it is), and hope Microsoft will provide a solution soon.

Are your phones controlled by any MDM? If not, we maybe can exclude that part from our side.
Have you tried on the iPhone reset options, resetting all settings on the device? Not a completely wipe, but just clearing the settings? Think the solution shall be found in a setting somewhere...

Any update on this. We have also a user with the same problemen on two Apple devices (phone and tablet). @KasperHauge, do you use app protection policies?

@Tiemen_de_Wilde I'm afraid not :(

Yes, we do use app protection policies, but at the moment only blocks if device is rooted or user is disabled, and only warning when not updated or passwordless. We manage ruffly 8-9.000 devices, but untill now, the problem has been seen on only 7-8 devices. Most of them solvable, by doing what I mentioned earlier. The rest we can not figure out :(

@Tiemen_de_Wilde this is our app protection policy for iOS btw. Is yours alike?

KasperHauge_0-1660759009321.png

Cannot really read it but it is simular.
We have 6 users with iOS/iPasOS devides, with this problem too, started a few weeks ago.
Was hoping the new update to the Outlook app would help, but no :(
best response confirmed by PCHealer (Brass Contributor)
Solution
After som testing and reading articles we found that it was "App Protection policies"
It works by disabling the policy for the affected user, syncing and relogging in the outlook app.
It seems to be something with the Intune App SDK(microsoft can't figure out how to update there own apps) article here:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/intune-customer-success/support-tip-update-to-the-latest-intu...
Thx, I'll test that on an user :)

It sure works excluding the affected users from our app protection policy :)
The article you posted, is dated august 4th, and the latest Outlook update (4.2232.0) is from august 15th. Hope MS soon will provide a new update for outlook, compatible with the new apple sdk.

I am unable to test now due to q holiday if you get it working by disabling protection policies. Does the problem comes back when you enable it again for this user?

@lahsr Thanks we are looking into this 

We have not tried to assign it to the user again, He has been struggling with this the past two weeks, so don't want to annoy him anymore. If we receive another device, we'll try to exclude from policy on this, to confirm behaviour. But until MS makes some kind of official statement on a new outlook update, we keep him excluded from policy.

I'v testet it on 3 users.

Worked on one user, I'll try to enable the policey again to see if it still works.

But din't work on 2 other users, maybe the policey havn't applyed for them yet?
Is there a way to check that?

Maybe this can give you some visibility.
Apps -> Monitor -> App protection status -> user status for iOS -> Select user

Another problem we encountered was broken mailbox in exchange. If a user was owner of their own mailbox they did not get access. Very weird!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PCHealer (Brass Contributor)
Solution
After som testing and reading articles we found that it was "App Protection policies"
It works by disabling the policy for the affected user, syncing and relogging in the outlook app.
It seems to be something with the Intune App SDK(microsoft can't figure out how to update there own apps) article here:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/intune-customer-success/support-tip-update-to-the-latest-intu...

View solution in original post