Internal Order and Response - How to?

Copper Contributor

I work in a company where Department A needs supplies and sends a supply order request to Dept B.  Dept B makes the purchase & sends Dept A back the confirmation # and expected arrival date.  Dept A then confirms to Dept B when they have received the material and the form can then be archived.

Is there a way to utilize Microsoft 365 to do this?  Microsoft Forms gets it part of the way, Microsoft Planner doesn't seem to do it all the way, and I'm not sure what else to try.  We are limited on what 365 we are allowed for security reasons -  We have:  Cal/Teams/Excel/Forms/Insights/Lists/OneDrive/OneNote/Outlook/People/Planner/Power Apps/Power Automate/Power BI/Powerpoint/Sharepoint/Stream/Tasks/Teams/Visio/Word.

We currently do - Dept A uses a Word Document w/ fields as an order form, sends to Dept B via Outlook.  Dept B makes the purchase, puts the confirm # on the word doc, and sends back via email.  We both try to keep emails until acknowledged that one is received/complete, and then we move it to a separate folder for "archive".

Any assist is appreciated.

2 Replies

@crashderby 

Power Apps and Power Automate may help

I would also like help with this.