How to integrate Office 365 to Web App for document edit

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I want to edit document from my web app using Office 365, Any one can explain how to do that I have searched around 1 week not yet got correct article :smile:

User Scenario: -

3 Excel files uploaded in web app, As an user I want to edit those excel files from online

itself without download to my local.

6 Replies
edit document from my web app using Office 365
Do you want to build a web site like office online?
As far as I know, it is impossible.Only thing I can do is to import data from Excel or word document and generate new document by my own web app.

X-spreadsheet from sheetjs is an option for edit .xlsx contents.

No, I want to just edit the uploaded documents help of Office 365 online edit.

For Example:  3 excel files uploaded in my web application, As an user I want to edit the excel files from online itself without download to my local.

3 excel files uploaded in my web application

With my knowledge,you can upload excel files to Onedriver or sharepoint rather than your own web application.

@periyadev 

Suppose M365 can edit the Excel file through the Online version, may I know anything you encountered now?

Not I have tried one drive upload for edit the file through online but its not working, whenever use try to edit file its asking MS Login details without credential its not able to open.

asking MS Login details without credential its not able to open.

That is true. If you want to edit/save besides preview an Excel .xlsx you must login Ms account.