Groups Meeting invite resonses send to delete folder in OWA and subfolders don't show in Outlook

Copper Contributor

Hello!

We are using a shared mailbox/calendar connected to a Teams group. This is only used to schedule meetings and have them all in one calendar. When sending out meeting invites I want to see who accepted or declined in Outlook. 

In my Outlook under "Groups" I can only see the inbox of the Group Mailbox. No resonses end up there. Now I checked the OWA and in there I can see an additional subfolder for that group called "deleted items" and in there are all the responses to the calendar invites.

How can I either:

1. Have these accept/decline notifications send to the group inbox instead of "deleted items" to also see them in my Outlook or

2. See the subfolders that I see in the OWA version in my Outlook Desktop App

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

2 Replies
What you are describing is the default behavior for a Microsoft 365 Group/Team mailbox, you cannot change it. In addition, subfolders are only supported in OWA for now, and are very limited overall. If you need additional details, read here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/enterprise/manage-folders-and-rules-feature?view=o36...
For scenarios where you need "advanced" email functionality, I'd recommend using a shared mailbox instead of the group/team one. Not that the ones you described above are really that advanced, but Microsoft decided to limit such functionality for Groups...

@Vasil Michev  Thank you for the response! That's a bit annoying, I tried some workarounds with rules to not have responses to invites end up in "deleted items", but no success yet. I guess I'll need to become more creative.