Exchange Message Trace shows incorrect status

Occasional Visitor

I've noticed something slightly strange and I don't know if it's a one off or has been happening for a while. Anyhow, we ended up with (amongst others) three dubious emails caught in our quarantine. I thought I'd run a message trace on the sender address to check none had slipped through to users. I did this and got back result of three emails found, the exact three that were quarantined. But - in the status column, two say Delivered and one says FilteredAsSpam suggesting all three have actually been delivered to the end users (albeit one as junk mail). I've checked one user inbox and the email definitely isn't there.


The emails arrived 20 hours ago, so it's not a 'hasn't quite updated yet' type issue. It's concerning that message trace isn't accurately report

0 Replies