Configuring warning messages for Office 365 hybrid emails from external senders

Brass Contributor

Hi

recently migrated o365 and we are hybrid

Before our move to hybrid 365, on our on-prem server, I tagged emails internal and external as well sending confidentiality Notices to our recipients

Since our move to hybrid 365. Tagging has not been working.

I opened a ticket with Microsoft.

they asked to remove and readd it again on our on-prem server so it syncs to office 365

that Did not work

They asked me to recreate the mail tags on both o365 and on-prem server

So far our confidentiality notice somewhat working and I have that set only on our prem mail server the only issue if that it thinks we the external recipient. So instead of the confidentially notice going to the external receipt, we get the notice when someone emails from outside.

It like office 365 doesnt think our mail server is part of org... not sure if that makes senses

3 Replies
Your Exchange Online sent messages should go thorugh your onprem environment before to go "outside"

that is already set up. 

The problem is that mail flow tag is not working whether i set up on prem  or office 365 side or both

I'll suggest to check the message header of a message sent from cloud to on-prem and a message sent from on-prem to cloud. Check If the header “X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthAs” says “Internal”. If not, there's some wrong configuration.