Company employees sharing calendars with eachother?

Copper Contributor

The company I work for currently use a shared calendar in Dynamics 365 called "service calendar".

My boss dislikes this calendar because it doesn't sync with his Outlook very well.

Instead he wants everyone to share each others Outlook calendars.

I am a bit concerned this is not the best practice.

1. It does not seem to be an easy way to setup everyone sharing with everyone as the O365 admin.

2. I am a bit concerned this can lead to problems. I assume it will be a strain on resources if the Outlook pc and mobile app has to sync everyones calendar?

I would appreciate any input and possible suggestions for a better alternative. Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

@River1045

Can't the staff already see each other's calendars? If yes, then someone can go to the Calendar "tab" in Outlook desktop and open someone's calendar.

If no, then you can change the permissions on everyone's calendars so that they can see what is on each staff person's calendar.

@Cary Siemers 

"then you can change the permissions on everyone's calendars so that they can see what is on each staff person's calendar."

Could you point me towards a resource showing how to do this? I've been looking for some time for a way to do so company-wide as admin.

@tezmond 

You can write a PowerShell script using the MailboxFolderPermission (Set-, Add-, etc.) family of commands to apply particular permissions to all calendars.

@Cary Siemers 

Thank you so much, with an office running on Mac I clean forgot about PowerShell!