Can't install 365 on one of my computers.

Copper Contributor

I first tried installing it on my main computer. It says its installed, I click on the Excel app and Office 2016 pops up asking for the registration key.

I go to Add Remove programs, get rid of Office 2016. Restart. Try again. Same error.

I then use the Microsoft tool to remove Office with the Uninstall Support Tool (option 2):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/uninstall-office-from-a-pc-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5d...

It said it successfully removed it. I restart the computer, download 365, install the apps again, open Excel and again, it ask for an Office 2016 key.

I then do a complete wipe out and reinstall windows and select delete all data/files.

Download 365 again and it pulls up 2016 again.

Frustrated I figured I would try it on my next computers.

2nd Win10 Computer: Success on 1st attempt.

3rd Win10 Computer: Success on 1st attempt.

4th Win10 Computer: Success on 1st attempt.

5th Mac Computer: Success on 1st attempt.

So it appears that there is something going on with my main computer. I reset it a 2nd time and again, same issue.

Can someone help? This computer is my main one for a few reasons. It would really make life easier if I can use this computer. I use my computer on a projector and for some strange reason, this is also the only computer that shows clearer and brighter on the projector. The other computers are a bit dimmer. Maybe a better graphics card because I went to display settings and could not get them to look as good as this one.

Thank you guys for any help

1 Reply

The issue was resolved by a Microsoft expert via remote desktop. There was a conflict between a deep rooted office 2016 that only an expert could delete. Thanks microsoft!