Build Events Calendar for our company, what are the options beside creating it as SharePoint Calende

Steel Contributor

We are currently working on Planning our Company intranet. and inside the Intranet home page >> we are planning to show a calendar which show the Company Events.

One option we have is to create this Company Events Calendar as a SharePoint list and show it using the Event modern web part. But is there other approaches inside Office 365 to create such a calendar? that can be manage by certain users and viewed by all users + Embedded inside SharePoint?

1 Reply
You can take a look at my reply to this post for calendar creation:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/sharepoint-calendar/m-p/3459517

To answer your question regarding restricting who can manage the calendar, you can use the list settings and set permissions on the calendar list and grant everyone access to the calendar. Since it is an intranet, I assume everyone already has read access to the site contents. So, the only thing you'd have to do is to break role inheritance on the calendar and assign contribute permission levels to people that need to manage the calendar and set all other users to read-only.

I hope this somewhat helps you.

Good luck!