SOLVED

Azure AD Connect.

Copper Contributor

Greetings.

We have a hybrid environment working fine.

Aside from having to assign Microsoft 365 licenses to users synced from our on premise environment manually.

I know I can assign a license using PowerShell and also know it can be done through Groups in Azure.

But, someone told me we should create and provision the account with all it needs in Azure or our O365 tenant and be done with it.

As far as I know, Azure AD Connect works one way from on premise to Azure/O365 and the only thing we can write back is the password hash.

It's been a while since we have our tenant running so I'm asking just in case I missed something.

Thanks for your time.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by EdPUPR (Copper Contributor)
Solution

You're not missing anything, if you are using AAD Connect you should be creating the users On-Prem, and handle the license via PowerShell or the group licensing feature. Well, you can also do it manually via the admin portal :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by EdPUPR (Copper Contributor)
Solution

You're not missing anything, if you are using AAD Connect you should be creating the users On-Prem, and handle the license via PowerShell or the group licensing feature. Well, you can also do it manually via the admin portal :)

View solution in original post