Word for Android Stopped Keeping Track of Where I Left Off.

Brass Contributor

Word version 16.0.11530.20000

One Drive version 5.29.1

If I use Word on my phone, Google Pixel2 XL, then reopen it later, it doesn't ask if I want to pick up where I left off. If I use word on my PC, Word on my phone won't know/remember where I left off.

This is an annoying issue.

Is this an issue with an app or not? Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

4 Replies

@George_D Thanks for bringing this to our notice. We are looking into this issue and will correct it as soon as we can.

Regards,

Adil Ahmed

Word Mobile Team

@AdilAhmed 

The keep track feature once again works on my Nvidia Shield tablets. However, it still does not function on my Google Pixel 2 XL phone. I've uninstalled the Word and One Drive apps, then rebooted the phone, and reinstalled the apps. It still doesn't work. Is there anything I can do?

Also, in the Word app, under settings, there is an option to Reset Office. What does this do? Will it wipe my documents? Is it possible this might fix the where did I leave off issue?

One more question, in Word for Android, how do I insert an em dash?

Thanks,

George Driver

@George_D 

Some modern mobile keyboards allow you to insert many Unicode characters not found on a US keyboard.  I recormmend Gboard (since you have a Pixel).  Press the ?123 button at the bottom‐left, then long‐press on the hyphen‐minus character.  A selection pops up, and the em dash — is the one on the left.  This is inherently better than having an option for it in Word, because it allows you to input it anywhere throughout your phone.

I have the opposite problem that you have. Iʼm annoyed by the “pick up where you left off” feature, and Iʼm trying to turn it off. How did you manage it?