The latest Office Insider Beta Build kills outlook on most installs

Copper Contributor

This is very annoying.  Yesterday I updated my parents computer, they are on Windows 11 with the Office insider beta build.  I thought everything seemed fine, I got an email saying that outlook doesn't work.  So today I was messing around with windows 10 I have the beta version on that machine and my outlook seems fine, but I am not sure if it was updated to what version she was.  But I was curious to see if I just did a reinstall of office on my current build how the machine would handle it since that was what I planned to do on hers, but it broke my outlook the same way it broke hers.  The only solution I have found so far is to completely remove microsoft 365, then reinstall office, then set up your email from scratch again.  Very annoying.  I have to verify but on my windows 10 machine, I even had to download microsoft's feedback and help tool to remove office completely then reinstall.  Never going back to the office insider channel again.  I get what betas are and understand the risk but your email is very important and needed to re-evaluate trusting microsoft with betas on email, won't make that mistake again.

2 Replies
have the same problem had to change from beta to current insider and outlook works again and did n ot lose anything
I have the same issue. Outlook in Windows 11 Preview keep crashing when i navigate on Outlook folders or compose a new email.