Outlook subfolder search does not work if shared folders are downloaded to your computer

Copper Contributor

Problem: Subfolder search does not work if shared folders are downloaded to your computer.

My work revolves around shared email folders in Outlook. They all have thousands of folders which makes my computer extremely slow and I have pretty good laptop for email use Dell Precision 5771. One solution to make Outlook to work a lot faster would be to use the Exchange synchronize option and download all shared folders to your computer. This brings a major disadvantege though since the subfolder search only works when you are not using the sync mode and you keep the shared folders in the cloud. 

Is there anyway to include subfolder search to also work when shared folders are downloaded to your computer? This would make a major difference for every day Outlook usage. 

1 Reply

So no one else experience this as an issue? I would love to get the subfolder search working also when shared folders are downloaded to your computer.