Outlook 2021 for MAC on new M2 MacBook Pro

Copper Contributor

Good day all,  sorry for the length of this but want to give you  all what has occurred.  New Mac was purchased and end user started it up and loaded Office 2021 purchased new from Apple Store.  Handed over the new macbook and old macbook to the store and they performed a migration.  When the system was handed over to me, I imported his old Outlook 2011 profile (from old system) on to his new Outlook 2021.  All came over and placed it in "On this Computer" and also brought over his 2 email accounts.  All mail currently comes in to the "All accounts" section but his folders stay in "On This Computer".  Learned that if he doesn't use "New Outlook" his search will NOT work.  I have tried everything from a rebuild of the identity, to verifying the were no special characters in the profile name and also checked Spotlight to make sure the location of the identity was not being excluded from searches.  The identity is in the correct folder location on the system.  I even removed and reinstalled Office 2021.

My questions are :

1) is there a way to have all email come into 1 inbox and also have all his folders together under the same heading and not in a different heading (On this Computer).  The folders are a combination of emails from the two different email accounts.

2) Is there a way to use the old Outlook style and get the search to work?  Currently it will NOT show any results.  

System They are running is a MAcBook Pro M2. running Ventura 13.5 and Office 2021 for Mac with Automatic Updates On and set for Current (beta).  All has been done since August 3.  A week ago.

Please help as end-user is very frustrated.

0 Replies