M365 Apps Insider

Copper Contributor

We are exploring turning the insider program on for our M365 Apps, I wanted to know if this could be turned on for select users instead of everyone in the organization? 

2 Replies

@ChrisAlicea 

You can enable the Microsoft 365 Apps Insider program for select users in your organization instead of enabling it for everyone. The Microsoft 365 Apps Insider program allows participants to access preview versions of Office applications and provide feedback to Microsoft.

To enable the Insider program for select users, you can follow these steps:

1. Identify the users: Determine which users in your organization should have access to the Insider program. These users will be the ones who receive the preview versions of Office applications.
  2. Create a pilot group: Create a specific group or select individual users who will be part of the pilot group for the Insider program.
  3. Enable the Insider program for the pilot group: Sign in to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center using an account with administrative privileges. Navigate to the "Services & add-ins" or "Settings" section, and locate the option related to the Insider program. This may vary depending on your specific admin center layout. Enable the Insider program for the pilot group of users.
  4. Communicate instructions and guidelines: Provide clear instructions to the pilot group on how to access and use the preview versions of Office applications. Explain the purpose of the Insider program and encourage them to provide feedback on any issues or improvements they encounter.
  5. Monitor and gather feedback: Regularly check in with the pilot group to gather feedback and address any issues they may encounter. This feedback will help improve the Office applications before the general release.

By enabling the Insider program selectively for certain users or groups within your organization, you can control the scope of participation and ensure that only designated individuals have access to the preview versions of Microsoft 365 Apps.

My knowledge of this topic is limited, but since no one has answered it for at least one day and more, I entered your question in various AI. The text and the steps are the result of various AI's put together.

Additional links:

Let users choose which Microsoft 365 Insider channel to install on Windows devices

Options for deploying Microsoft 365 Insider

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.