Add SketchUp files to Office creations

Microsoft

Hello, Office Insiders! Trey Bagley, Software Engineer on the Office Graphics team is excited to share that some of your favorite Office apps for Windows and Mac now support the insertion of SketchUp files!

SketchUp files in Office

SketchUp is a popular 3D graphics program that makes it easy to create shareable conceptual designs, such as fully textured architectural models and other graphics used in industrial design, product design, and civil and mechanical engineering. Now, for the first time, SketchUp graphics (.skp files) can be integrated into your creations in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook!

How it works

It’s easy to add SketchUp files in Office creations.

1. Click Insert > 3D Models > This Device.

SketchUp-ribbon-crop.png

Read about the rest here in the blog post!

Cheers,
Evann

Office Insider Community Manager

Become an Office Insider and gaining exclusive access to new features and help shape the future of Office. Join Now: Windows | Mac | iOS | Android

1 Reply

@evannfarmer 

It was a great feature add-in, however, as of 1st June 2023, this feature has been disabled without giving a reason or a schedule as to when this will be fixed - unfortunately for me, given the nature of my work, this has severely impacted me and some of my client presentations.

Hope it can be restored soon.

Thanks